South Dakota Alcohol Management Training
TAM® Online has been approved by the South Dakota Department of Revenue and Regulation. You will be required to submit your birth date and your proctor information on the next page in order to register.
- Intro and Pre-Test: An introduction to the course and brief test of pre-course knowledge.
- Laws and Ethics: Legal responsibilities related to handling alcohol.
- Clinical Effects of Alcohol: How alcohol affects the consumer.
- S.I.R. and M.A.A.M.: Preventing and handling customer intoxication.
- Preventing Underage Purchase and Consumption: Recognizing false identification and dealing with underage drinking.
- Disturbances: Dealing with disruptive consumers in the workplace.
- Laws and Regulations: Legal restrictions and rules pertaining to alcohol consumption in South Dakota.
The aim of the TAM course is to:
- Encourage professionalism and ethical conduct in persons who sell and serve alcoholic beverages.
- Provide employees with the necessary skills for the prevention of illegal sales of alcohol to underage persons, including identifying and responding to false identification;
- Teach servers and management to effectively monitor and respond to customer intoxication and methods to prevent intoxication.
- Teach methods to maintain safety and control of the environment as well as good customer relations while responding to alcohol-related incidents.
- Identify federal, state and local laws relating to alcohol sale.