Michigan Alcohol Server Training
From waitors to bartenders to servers, selling and serving alcoholic beverages comes with everyday risks and challenges. In Michigan, it is required to hold a alcohol certification in order to legally serve drinks in your bar, hotel, or restaurant. At TAM, our training provides your hospitality team with the knowledge and skills they need to professionally, safely, and lawfully supervise the sale and consumption of alcohol.
The aim of our alcohol server training is to provide your hospitality staff with the skills and resources they need to professionally and ethically manage the sale of alcoholic beverages in your establishment. Through our course, you and your employees will learn how to accurately identify false identifications, prevent the sale of alcohol to minors, understand how to maintain a safe, controlled environment, and more.
Alcohol Server Training Modules:
- Intro and Pre-Test: An introduction to the course and brief test of pre-course knowledge.
- Laws and Ethics: Legal responsibilities related to handling alcohol.
- Clinical Effects of Alcohol: How alcohol affects the consumer.
- S.I.R. and M.A.A.M.: Preventing and handling customer intoxication.
- Preventing Underage Purchase and Consumption: Recognizing false identification and dealing with underage drinking.
- Disturbances: Dealing with disruptive consumers in the workplace.
- Laws and Regulations: Legal restrictions and rules pertaining to alcohol consumption in Michigan.
The aim of the TAM course is to:
- Encourage professionalism and ethical conduct in persons who sell and serve alcoholic beverages.
- Provide employees with the necessary skills for the prevention of illegal sales of alcohol to underage persons, including identifying and responding to false identification;
- Teach servers and management to effectively monitor and respond to customer intoxication and methods to prevent intoxication.
- Teach methods to maintain safety and control of the environment as well as good customer relations while responding to alcohol-related incidents.
- Identify federal, state and local laws relating to alcohol sale.
At TAM, we make registering and completing your Michigan alcohol server training fast and easy. Once you have registered, you have up to 90 days to complete your exam from any computer with an internet connection, allowing you to take the test when you are available.