Illinois Alcohol Management Training
TAM® Online is approved for BASSET training by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. Certain Illinois counties require BASSET training for servers and/or bouncers to be completed at regular intervals. Please contact your local government to learn more about these requirements.
- Intro and Pre-Test: An introduction to the course and brief test of pre-course knowledge.
- Laws and Ethics: Legal responsibilities related to handling alcohol.
- Clinical Effects of Alcohol: How alcohol affects the consumer.
- S.I.R. and M.A.A.M.: Preventing and handling customer intoxication.
- Preventing Underage Purchase and Consumption: Recognizing false identification and dealing with underage drinking.
- Disturbances: Dealing with disruptive consumers in the workplace.
- Laws and Regulations: Legal restrictions and rules pertaining to alcohol consumption in Illinois.
The aim of the TAM course is to:
- Encourage professionalism and ethical conduct in persons who sell and serve alcoholic beverages.
- Provide employees with the necessary skills for the prevention of illegal sales of alcohol to underage persons, including identifying and responding to false identification;
- Teach servers and management to effectively monitor and respond to customer intoxication and methods to prevent intoxication.
- Teach methods to maintain safety and control of the environment as well as good customer relations while responding to alcohol-related incidents.
- Identify federal, state and local laws relating to alcohol sale.