TAM® Michigan Alcohol Server Training Certification Webinar
From waiters to bartenders to servers, selling and serving alcoholic beverages comes with everyday risks and challenges. In Michigan, it is required to hold an alcohol certification in order to legally serve drinks in your bar, hotel, or restaurant. At TAM, our webinar provides your hospitality team with the knowledge and skills they need to professionally, safely, and lawfully supervise the sale and consumption of alcohol.
The webinar format of the TAM Michigan Alcohol Server Training Course gives you access to a TAM certified instructor throughout the training course. We use the Zoom Webinar platform to allow for real time clarification on topics important to serving alcohol in the hospitality industry. You will be able to access the webinar on your computer or smart phone. In addition to having real person access, you will be given a pdf version of the Michigan TAM Manual to save or print.
The aim of our alcohol server training is to provide your hospitality staff with the skills and resources they need to professionally and ethically manage the sale of alcoholic beverages in your establishment. Through our course, you and your employees will learn how to accurately identify false identifications, prevent the sale of alcohol to minors, understand how to maintain a safe, controlled environment, and more.
Alcohol Server Training Modules:
- Intro and Pre-Test: An introduction to the course and brief test of pre-course knowledge.
- Laws and Ethics: Legal responsibilities related to handling alcohol.
- Clinical Effects of Alcohol: How alcohol affects the consumer.
- S.I.R. and M.A.A.M.: Preventing and handling customer intoxication.
- Preventing Underage Purchase and Consumption: Recognizing false identification and dealing with underage drinking.
- Disturbances: Dealing with disruptive consumers in the workplace.
- Laws and Regulations: Legal restrictions and rules pertaining to alcohol consumption in Michigan.
The aim of the TAM course is to:
- Encourage professionalism and ethical conduct in persons who sell and serve alcoholic beverages.
- Provide employees with the necessary skills for the prevention of illegal sales of alcohol to underage persons, including identifying and responding to false identification;
- Teach servers and management to effectively monitor and respond to customer intoxication and methods to prevent intoxication.
- Teach methods to maintain safety and control of the environment as well as good customer relations while responding to alcohol-related incidents.
- Identify federal, state and local laws relating to alcohol sale.
At TAM, we make registering and completing your Michigan alcohol server training fast and easy. Once you have registered, you will be given immediate online access to the Michigan TAM Manual for pre-study. The webinar login credentials become active five minutes before the scheduled webinar time. You will have access to the final test immediately after the completion of the webinar. The test must be completed within 48 hours.