Please review our frequently Asked Questions below. If you have additional questions, please feel free to Contact Us.
2. Who can take TAM® Online?
Anyone may take the TAM Online course. However, it is possible that your state or municipality does not accept TAM certification for required training, or that online training/testing has not been approved by your state. For information specific to your location, please select your state here.
1. How are credit and debit card charges handled?
Should you have any questions about charges on your credit or debit card, please contact us at (800) 292-2896.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged by the National Hospitality Institute and will appear on your statement as such.
- Your information is processed securely using the latest technology, including fraud prevention techniques and address verification system processing. on your statement as such.
- We do not keep your credit card number nor do we have the ability to process your card manually.
- Once you enter your credit or debit card number, please give the system time to process the transaction. If you click on the process button before it finishes processing, you may be charged for each time you click, and those funds will be held until you contact us to initiate a refund. You must contact us within 30 days to receive a refund for excess charges.
2. What is the cost of the online training program?
This varies by state. Please select your state here for additional information.
3. What is your refund policy?
Once you begin the course, there are no refunds. The one exception to this rule is if your card was charged multiple times for the same course. If you encounter technical difficulties while registering or paying for the course, please contact us at (800)292-2896.
1. When will I receive my certification card?
You will receive your certification card by US Postal Service in approximately seven to ten business days. If you need your card sooner, we offer an expedited ID service for a fee.
2. How do I get a replacement card?
Please see our replacement card policy.
3. For how long is my certification valid?
Unless state laws mandates differently, your certification card is good for three years. Please check your state information page to see if the valid period is different in your state.
1. What is the format of the exam questions?
The exam questions are all multiple choice.
2. What do I do if I think there is something wrong with the exam results?
Please contact us at (800) 292-2896.
3. Do I have to take a test?
If you want to receive your certification card, you do need to take the test and pass with a score of 70% or better, unless your state has different requirement.
4. What if I need my certification card right away?
Please contact us at (800) 292-2896. We do offer an expedited service for an additional fee.
1. Is online certification good in my state?
Find your state here to see if online certification is accepted in your state.
2. How long will the online class take?
Approximately three to four hours, depending on the pace of the student.
3. Can I log out of the course?
You can log out of the seller training course at anytime; however, please remember that once started, you must complete the course within 90 days.
4. Do I need to have sound on my computer to take these classes?
5. Is the course material printable?
6. Will my computer work with this course?
Most PC computers will work with this course so long as you have Internet access. You can login from multiple computers, as long as you are connected to the Internet and remember your username and password.
7. Why do I have to provide my social security number, etc?
8. Why are the videos loading so slowly?
Older computers with low memory or poor Internet connection can make the course contents difficult to use. Please contact tech support if this happens.
9. I registered and was taking the course, but logged out so I could come back later to start the course, but when I tried to login, I got a message telling me that there was no such username. How do get in?
Upon registration, you were asked to provide a valid email address as your username and to choose a password. After you register, you are automatically put into the student center because the system recognizes that username. Often, a student will type an incorrect address such as “[email protected]” – leaving out the “m” in ‘hotmail” or any other such misspelling. Also letters are case sensitive. If you typed in your username incorrectly during registration, please contact us so we can correct it for you before you can login again.
10. Can I come back later and print out the certificate of completion?
No. At this time our system cannot do this. If you have a problem or need verification that you completed the course before you get your card please contact us.